How to Search for a Business Name.
The first step before registration of a business name is to confirm the availability of the desired name. In most cases, an individual who skips this stage will find their business name of choice unavailable and have to come back and do the search.
Here’s how to search for a business name;
- Visit the eCitizen website.
- Select “Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Make Application” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Name Search- Company/ Business” from the drop-down menu.
- Before you apply, make sure you read and understand the guidelines.
- Select “Apply Now” from the drop-down menu.
- Establish a corporate structure for your company.
- Fill out the form with your proposed identification.
- Give a brief description of your organization.
- Before submitting the details, review the application.
- Send your application in.
- To finish your request, select your preferred payment method from the options provided. The search costs Ksh 150.
- Wait for the Registrar of Companies to respond.